In this week’s show, episode 110, we do all the things I forgot to write down!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Adad, the Assyrian storm god, hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that you can’t judge a book by its cover but you can certainly judge a porn by its thumbnail…
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Winter Solstice Season Ale – bit.ly/2fj1IZU
- Anderson Valley Brewing Company
- BA: 87
- ABV: 6.9%
- Aaron: 4
- Shea: 3
- Steve: 6
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Mark the marvelous, magnanimous, and mighty. Thank you for your patronage, it’s so very much appreciated.
Speaking of people who interact with the show, twitter-mails!
We’d like to thank Ed, Alan, Craig, and Arthur for letting us know I suck.
As a reminder, if you help, contact or otherwise interact with us we’re whores and will send you the patron cut of that week’s show.
Also, Colin, epic license plate! Epic!
Steve: Also, Tara, looking forward to ReasonCon!
Also, 101. Matt & Tim, duppidy doo. They have a show and you should listen to it too! atheism101podcast.com
And patreon, mega-awesome dude and guy so smart he knows how to use Stitcher Spencer sent in the review … 5 months ago … on Stitcher. Glad you’re still with us…
From: Brother Brewer of www.skepticsbrewpub.com
Subject: Cream Ale
The reason a beer is classified as a “cream ale” is because it is made with a bit of “creamed” or now flaked maize corn. It was created by American brewers before prohibition to compete with the new lager styles that German brewers were bringing over. According to the BJCP: “Overall Impression: A clean, well-attenuated, flavorful American “lawnmower” beer. Easily drinkable and refreshing, with more character than typical American lagers. Aroma: Medium-low to low malt notes, with a sweet, corn-like aroma. Low levels of DMS are allowable but are not required. Hop aroma medium low to none, and can be of any variety although floral, spicy, or herbal notes are most common. Overall, a subtle aroma with neither hops nor malt dominating. Low fruity esters are optional.”
Skeptics Brew Pub can be found Mondays at 8:30 CST at bit.ly/2hzvOwk
Is your penis not adequate to your needs? This man has a solution. – bit.ly/2hzlDIc
- Ghanaian Bishop Daniel Obinim has the power to make you bigger.
- Guess how I dare you?
- He only needs to touch it gee, that’s what I do too
- The founder of the International God’s Way Church, he offers to assist with those who says, “‘If you do not like the looks of any part of your body, come to me.”
- “What do you want that I can’t offer? If you want big buttocks I can do it for you. If you want big breasts, I can help. If you have a small manhood, I can change them all when I come to the spiritual realm.”
- This is just the latest in a long string of stupid claims and outrageous behavior from this blowhard. – bit.ly/2hzxJBj
Asshole yells at children in mall in irony-filled diatribe – bit.ly/2hzwcuV
- Submitted to us by Old God, patron and all around badass CthulhuTheOctopusGod
- David Grisham, Jr., a small-minded asshole, cunt, and member of Last Frontier Evangelism
- Went to an Amarillo Texas mall and up to a line of children and parents waiting to see Santa
- Started yelling, “There is no such thing as Santa Claus. Santa does not exist. The Christmas season is about Jesus”
- He was confronted by a couple of parents who told him to go away and shut up.
- Then this moron posted on his facebook page that he was assaulted in the mall. He’s a little cunt who deserved to be assaulted but wasn’t.
Don’t fuck with the weather channel – bit.ly/2hzq7ig
- Kait Parker, weather channel meteorologist, and scientist was used in a Breitbart article downplaying climate change
- Typical ignorant bullshit equating weather with climate, saying that the temp is down because of El Nino.
- Breitbart included a weather channel video, which incensed Ms. Parker since she didn’t want to be associated with bullshit
- Ms. Parker then aired a segment where she explained the actual truth and everything the Breitbart article got wrong
- The Youtube description is awesome, “Note to Breitbart: Earth is not cooling, climate change Is real and please stop using our video to mislead Americans.
- Let’s allow her to wrap up the story herself.
This Week’s Stories
Double the Trouble…
Parents marry their three-year-old twins to each other after fearing one of them would die – bit.ly/2hzDIG3
- Parents believe the smiling toddlers were lovers in a previous life but were separated by a terrible tragedy.
- They were reincarnated together as twins and have to get married to show ”angels” that they are in love and be together forever, according to mother-of-the-bride and groom Sasi Hiranmekawanit.
- Brother and sister Teekatat and Tawisa Hiranmekawanit tied the knot in a traditional ceremony in Ang Thong province, central Thailand.
- A pair of three-year-old twins who were ”soulmates in a past life” have married – to ward off bad luck.
- ”They must get married otherwise one of them will die,” she said.
- ”We provided the wedding ceremony according to our belief that in the olden days the boy and girl twins were soulmates but couldn’t stay together.
- ”They were reborn again in this life, they were reborn as boy and girl twins
- The boy even gave a sinsod – payments made by men to the families of the bride – of 22,000 THB £450 and 30.5g of 23 karat gold.
- ”As parents, we must provide the wedding to let the angels know that the twins are happily in love and will be together forever.
- ”It is an ancient belief to show the angels they are in love and will never stay apart.”
- Despite the formal ceremony, the children won’t be married in law.
Don’t Take Advice from Witches… even if they are doctors
Naked woman held captive for months in PIT after witch doctor told boyfriend to bury her to get rich – bit.ly/2hzzDBM
- The woman, who has not been named, was rescued by police in Tanzania following a tip-off from concerned neighbors.
- Woman in 20s found curled up floor and shackled to wall of makeshift tomb
- She was horrendously emaciated and her back muscles had fused together
- Victim is expected to need months of rehab to help her walk properly again
- Witch doctor told boyfriend he had to bury person he loved most to get rich
How’d they do it!? A homophobic quiz with all teh gayz
- George Rekers
Baptist minister George Rekers founded the Family Research Council, the vehemently anti-LGBT and very powerful lobbying group in the US. He really didn’t want gays to get rights, and was considered one of America’s biggest homophobes.
- Steve Wiles
The GOP’s own Steve Wiles campaigned on his strong support for North Carolina’s anti-same sex marriage law when that was still a thing. He made no secret of having anti-LGBT views.
- Ted Haggard
Pastor Ted Haggard of the New Life Church backed a ban on same-sex marriage in Colorado. He was once one of America’s most charismatic and powerful evangelical leaders, with an audience of more than 30 million people. He even began counseling foreign dignitaries and consulting on a weekly basis with President George W. Bush.
- Glenn Murphy Junior
Mr. Murphy had got far, fast, becoming national chair of the Young Republicans. He regularly spoke out about why he supported traditional family units and was good about the whole gay thing.
- Eddie Long
Pastor Long was forever on TV waxing lyrical about how wrong homosexuality is. He was a big fan of so-called “homosexual cure” program and often promoted them on his TV shows.
- Philip Hinkle
This Indiana State Representative disliked gay rights so much that he backed a constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman in a bid to block same-sex marriage ever happening.
- Bob Allen
As a member of the Florida House of Representatives, he had a voting record that sided with the Christian Coalition – an anti-gay group that promotes discrimination against LGBT people.
- Larry Craig
The former Republican Senator served in the US Senate for 18 years and was in favor or the Federal Marriage Amendment, as well as opposing gay rights more generally. He went out of his way to be against gay rights.
- Edward Shrock
The former Republican Senator served in the US Senate for 18 years and was in favor or the Federal Marriage Amendment, as well as opposing gay rights more generally.
Next Week’s Beer
Mamba | Gilgamesh Brewing
Faith In Humanity Restored
Santa makes an early appearance to bring Christmas to a little boy – on9news.tv/2hzvuxS
This one is a huge faith in humanity that will make you cry…