In this week’s show, episode 148, we welcome to the barfy clip show!
Proving most deities have a sense of irony – if not humor – everyone but Shea has been struck down with the barfsharts!
So, we’re going to record a quick Round Table, drink this week’s beer before we pass out, tell ya what next week’s beer is, and then let the evergreen stories run-amuck!
Evergreen you ask?
Over the course of the … three fucking years, really!?… we’ve been recording this show not every story has made it. Either because of time constraints, timeliness of the story, or being made for this purpose (though, I think we all foresaw using these in a vacation sense, not a sick time sense) plenty of show has landed in the radio-production equivalent of a junk drawer – the Evergreen folder!
It would be shitty not to at least say a quick thanks to Joshua – you sir, are the hero this show needs, sorry this won’t be the one you deserve! We’ll thank you properly next week. We’ll save thanks, voicemails and iTunes reviews for a time when we have more than one and a half hosts in the studio (yeah, I’m counting me as a half at the moment).
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Power of Zues – High Hops Brewery, Co
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2etwZhD
- BA Rating: 84
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
- ABV: 6.4%
- Aaron: 4
- Shea: 4
- Kyle, The Napkin Pope: 4
Next Week’s Beer
Altenmunster – Urig Wurzig.
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2eEcZJf
- BA Rating: 82
- ABV: 4.9%
- Style: Munich Helles Lager
Now, sit back and enjoy these headlines, stories, chatter and whatever else I can fit on the timeline in between bouts of terrible terrible plague! Keep in mind they were recorded at widely different times and with varied degrees of equipment – which might make you more glad of our current tech eh!
Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider – Hallelujah Hopricot
- BA Link: NA
- BA Rating: NA
- Style: hard Cider
- ABV: 6.7%
- Aaron: 9
- Jenn: 8
- Shea: 8
- Steve: 8
- Ashley: 7
HL1 – Americans Donating Less To Churches Nowadays –
- In 2014 americans gave $114.9 billion to churches according to a new report from the Giving USA Foundation
- 30-year dramatic downward slide as a share of total giving. In fact, it has dropped from 53 percent of all donations in 1987 to 32 percent of the total in 2014
- Part of the reason is an overall decline in the number of people who identify with a religious group. According to the Pew Research Center 2014 Religious Landscape Study, 23 percent of Americans say they are not affiliated with any religion, up from 16 percent in 2007.
HL2 – If Only More Police Sucked In This Way
- Chesterfield, MO – A Missouri police officer has recently been exposed as a sexual predator who terrorized his community, and this week he has pleaded guilty to the first of the charges against him.
- On the website, the 34-year-old police officer would offer free oral sex and send them a picture of a woman that he claimed to be, but when the men arrived at his home, he said he would only perform the act anonymously, through a hole in the door.
- At least 60 straight men were coaxed into this situation and were recorded by Cerna, who later posted the videos on pornography websites.
HL3 – Some random ass story but also Shea was shaved at the time so… enjoy.**
Lost the notes for this one but I’m just going to guess that if you Google this crazy shit, you’ll find the story.
This first one.
It’s a good one.
Something about a Saudi Theater causes your kids to be gay. But also some singing that they probably wouldn’t approve of.
After that we’ve got what I think was a bullshit Faith In Humanity story that we supplement by throwing darts at our news feed. It’s a great… random… time! Hear it now at Patreon.com/W4W!
Faith In Humanity Restored
Peterborough Cats Protection pet food theft response ‘phenomenal’ – http://bbc.in/2xTvePE
- Pet lovers rallied to the aid of Peterborough Cats Protection after £2,500 of food was stolen from a garage on 19 August.
- The food was meant to feed its 34 cats and kittens until Christmas.
- After an appeal enough food was donated to last “until 2019” and more than £5,000 pledged to the charity online.
- However, as news spread of the charity’s 34 cats and kittens left with no food, they were “overwhelmed” by the public’s response.
- Donations of food have poured in from both individuals and local businesses, including DSM Ltd, a disaster recovery company “full of cat lovers”.
- “Luckily most of it has use-by dates of 2019, as we have enough to last until then,” Mrs McNicol said.
- “The response had been phenomenal,” she said, and they were “deeply grateful”.
- With thousands of pounds also pledged online, the charity will be discussing how best to disseminate any excess funds to other branches which are “struggling”, she added.
Thanks for listening this week, we hope you had a good time … we hope we had a good time! We’re recording this Faith and Outro as a wrapper for the evergreen content so… here’s to hoping it was good and we’ll see you all next week for episode 149!
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!