In this week’s show, episode 90, everyone sues the pokemon demons over satins shitty commandments…
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned I can’t juggle, but it’s not that I don’t know how, its that I don’t have the balls to do it… Also I don’t trust stairs, they’re always up to something…
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Didd you knowa statue of Jesus in India had water mysteriously dripping from its toes. Worshipers would collect and sometimes drink it. The source of the water was later found to be a clogged toilet near the statue
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Evil Twin Justin Blåbær – Evil Twin Brewery
Donated By: The Yeti
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2ag44I1
- BA Rating: 88
- Style: Berliner Weissbier
- ABV: 4.5%
- Aaron: 7
- Jenn: 1
- Shea: 6
- Steve: 2
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
New patron, Donavan. Thank you for giving us a bit of your hard earned money. We can’t adequately express how grateful we are for your generosity.
As an avid listener to Scathing Atheist and Cognitive Dissonance, I was so happy to find Waiting 4 Wrath. There is now a third insightful, skeptical thinking podcasting that makes me laugh my ass off.
Beer and Blasphemy
Hilarious atheist/Septic podcast from some imaginary place called Wyoming. NSFW and with a healthy dose of blasphemy. And yeah, they have beer.
Moment of silence for the VCR which after this year will be retired…
And a real moment of silence for the victims of the shootings in Munich (where T-boogs lives).
We’re on Atheism 101 with Matt and Tim this week!
Headlines-All lawsuits this week
Rape Victim Who Was Locked Up For A Month Sues Prosecutor And Sheriff’s Dept – http://bit.ly/2awIXEC
- “Jenny”, 20 yo, was a key witness in trial of Keith Hendricks
- Dec. 8 2015, she broke down on the witness stand and couldn’t finish her testimony
- Unbelievable bag of shit, Prosecutor Nicholas Socias, had her taken into custody and locked up fearing that she wouldn’t return to court to complete the testimony
- Jenny was held for nearly a month, in gen pop, and was assaulted, as well as being treated as a convict by jailers
- Jenny and her family are suing Harris County, Sheriff Ron Hickman, Taylor Adam — the jail guard she allegedly hit while in jail — and prosecutor Socias.
Ky Governor, Cunt-Bag Mcgee (Matt Bevin) Is Cool With Church-Run Foster Care Programs Proselytizing To Children – http://bit.ly/2ayBMJ7
- 1998, Alicia Pedreira was fired from Kentucky Baptist Homes for Children for being a lesbian
- Might have been legal except that $13 mil of $19 mil budget from KY taxpayers
- During this process it came out that they were also proselytizing to the children in their care
- After years in the legal system, they came to a reasonable settlement, which Sunrise didn’t want to accept
- Supreme court refused to hear the case which should have been the end of it, but then…
- Since agreement came about under previous democratic gov, cuntbag says he should be able to nullify it (want’s a judge to throw it out)
Atheists sue Kansas City – http://bit.ly/2awInH5
- Modest Miles Ministry, company hosting National Baptist Convention in Kansas City in September, asked city for $65,000
- Kansas City Council unanimously approved request (from city’s Neighborhood’s Tourist Dev. fund)
- American Atheists is filing a federal lawsuit to prevent it from happening
- This isn’t the first time either. City also gave same group money in 1998, 2003, 2010
- American Atheists is asking for the $65,000 grant to be declared unconstitutional and for their attorney’s fees to be paid for by the city.
This Week’s Stories
Aaron’s 2nd Half
Pastor Rick Wiles: Satan Is Using Pokemon Go To Spawn Demonic Powers To Murder Christians (video) – http://bit.ly/2abqXPL
- “Trunews” host Rick Wiles recounted a story about how he called the police after seeing a man taking photos of his office building, only to discover that the suspicious man was simply playing Pokémon Go on his phone.
- “these Pokémon creatures are like virtual, cyber-demons” and that “what this man, Friday, was trying to find was the Pokémon demon that had been placed inside the ‘Trunews’ office.”.
- “What if this technology is transferred to Islamic jihadists and Islamic jihadists have an app that shows them where Christians are located geographically?” he asked, noting that many of the app’s PokeStops and Gyms include churches and other houses of worship.
- “The enemy, Satan, is targeting churches with virtual, digital, cyber-demons,” Wiles said, before adding: “I believe this thing is a magnet for demonic powers.”
And it’s obviously toets true! Here’s professional jackass, preacher and apparently demon collector Dwain Miller of r-kansas – http://bit.ly/2a6TSBF (video)
- Probably a decade ago when Pokémon first came out — it was very big — I was called on three different occasions to deal with children who had become demon-possessed.
- I was called to deal with a child who was so engrossed in Pokémon, the child literally become incapacitated. He could not walk, he could not speak, he had black soot running out of his eyes and his mouth and his nose, and we literally cast the demons out of this child…
- he ironic thing about Miller’s rant is that his church is a gym in Pokémon Go — “I have to tell you: The Cross Life Church and Dwain Miller does not endorse Pokémon, and if you’re listening to me and you’re part of my church, you stop now and do not use our church and our property to promote this demonic issue.”
So yeah… he’s a nob, but he’s right, the pokemons are all over religious places like Westborrow and the Basilica of Our Lady of San Jan del Valle:
Father Wants Pokemon Go Users To Stay Away From Basilica Of Our Lady Of San Juan del Valle – http://bit.ly/2a6QExK
- Father Amador Garza “Nobody asked us for permission to somehow put us in this game. And this is private property,” Garza said. “All of the sudden I am invaded by all of these people who are not even here to pray.”
Westboro Baptist Church In An Epic Battle For A Pokémon Go Gym – http://bit.ly/2a6QCpE
- Pokémon trainer going by the handle Pinknose took control of the gym using a Clefairy named ‘LoveIsLove’
- The church’s Pokemon of choice, apparently, is a Jigglypuff.
- In an interview with USA Today, church elder Steve Drain said the church’s location as a gym is a great opportunity to spread its message to a younger generation. “This little church, as despised and vilified as we are, the location of this church will be memorialized throughout eternity,” he insisted. “We’re willing by God’s grace to say that homosexuality is wrong, and that’s what we’ve been known for, even though we preach the whole counsel of God.”
Unfortunately for Ricky boy, looks like Islam won’t be handling his pokeballs any time soon…
Pokemon Go Is “prohibited” By Islam, Egyptian Religious Body Says – http://bit.ly/2a6QPcL
- An official for the top Islamic authority in Egypt, Abbas Shouman, the deputy chief of al-Azhar, the world’s foremost seat of Sunni Islamic learning.
- Playing the game is as illicit as drinking alcohol, which is forbidden by Islam
- “It negatively influences the mind and harms the player or others without being aware of that,” Shouman said.
- Pokemon Go is not yet available in Egypt.
But how do the poke-hell-spawn make it into Churches and shit?
“We assign values based on whether there is a water body in an area — so a stream, a river, a pond — whether areas are designated as zoos or parks, or other kinds of mapping designations,” Hanke explained in regards to the placement of certain Pokémon. “…We utilise that [a geographic classification map] to map Pokémon species to appropriate habitats.” – http://bit.ly/2a6OYVh
So it’s completely random and Rick Whiles is a tool. Who knew. That said, there are a few places you might not want to spend your day poke-hunting:
- World Trade Center Memorial
Per Gothamist, someone had the oh-so-clever idea to leave a fish-like Pokémon (yeah, I am not gonna learn what they are all called) in the reflecting pool of the 9/11 Memorial.
- Holocaust Museum
Washington D.C.’s Holocaust Museum is seemingly the first spot to ask to opt out of this whole thing. “Playing the game is not appropriate in the museum, which is a memorial to the victims of Nazism,” museum Director Andrew Hollinger told the Washington Post. “We are trying to find out if we can get the museum excluded from the game.”
They found a Pokémon called Koffing that emits poisonous gas floating by a sign for the museum’s Helena Rubinstein Auditorium. The auditorium shows the testimonials of Jews who survived the gas chambers.
You can catch a “rattata,”
- StarTrek Premiere
Idris Elba was photographed next to a Squirtle. No word yet if Idris caught it.
Ghana’s First Microbrewery Is Changing the Way Beer Is Made in Africa – http://bit.ly/2a6VdIw
- 62, Clement Djameh drinks at least a beer a day. Since 2003, his glass has been filled with drafts he brewed himself exclusively using a local African grain called sorghum, The only imported ingredients are the hops.
- Djameh and his colleague Fash Sawyerr are the founders of Ghana’s first-ever microbrewery, Inland Microbrewery. It’s located inside a crumbling, honey-colored mansion complete with Greek-style columns in Kwabenya, a neighborhood on the outskirts of Ghana’s capital, Accra
- In 1986, Nigeria briefly banned the import of malted barley, and its breweries were forced to rely on sorghum and maize.
- “When the ban went on, people were in a pickle,” said Alex Speers, the director of the International Centre of Brewing and Distilling (ICBD) at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. “They did have to do a lot of work to perfect it.”
- Djameh, too, initially struggled to create his beers. With help from a grant provided by the United Nations, Djameh painstakingly tested more than 70 different varieties of sorghum before settling on 12 suitable for brewing, as part of research he conducted at the Ghanaian government’s Food Research Institute.
- Raised in Ghana’s once German-occupied Volta Region, Djameh was exposed to beer from an early age. His father was a German teacher, and often socialized with visiting Germans in need of translation services. They would drink German beer together, and it fascinated Djameh. He promised himself that he would learn to make it some day.
- After Ghana’s equivalent of high school, Djameh received a scholarship to study beer in Germany, at a technical university in Munich. He then returned to his home country, where he worked at some of the country’s largest breweries for decades.
- “This will just raise the profile and pride of Ghana. People might not see it as very important, but local beer is something that we can claim and no one can take it away from us,” Mawuena Akyea, a Ghanaian-American culture writer and filmmaker, said.
- On the 40-minute drive through Accra’s traffic-choked streets on the way to his brewery, Djameh pointed out a large, overgrown field filled with trash. He explained that the city has earmarked the field to be converted into a park.
- “By the end of the year, I will move my microbrewery to this place,” he said, pointing. “I want to build a beer garden here.”
Next Week’s Beer
India Pale Ale | Nebraska Brewing Company
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2ayCtlm
- BA Rating: 86
- Style: American IPA
- ABV: 6.9%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Deaf Starbucks – http://bit.ly/2ayCbLy
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: http://Patreon.com/W4W
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: http://bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463