We’re releasing this weeks patreon cut to the public. We wanted to share hanging out with Matt & Tim with as many of their listeners as might stop by — and we want to give anyone else, who maybe haven’t made up their minds about becoming patrons, a chance to see what they’re missing each week. But we haven’t forsaken the patrons either! I’m editing a little something extra that will be free and exclusive to patrons. Look for that this weekend.
Thanks for all your support!
In This Week’s Show, patreon episode 91, Matt & Tim help coach our new rainbowrific after school choir… Shea’s the castrati.
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Sheela Na Gig hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying her patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that I love it when the smoke alarm cheers me on when I’m cooking
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Don’t get sick…
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
India Pale Ale | Nebraska Brewing Company
- Donated By: RW
- BA Link: bit.ly/2ayCtlm
- BA Rating: 86
- Style: American IPA
- ABV: 6.9%
- Aaron: 7
- Shea: 7
- Steve: 6
This Weeks Show
Round Table Discussion
Unfortunately, as you’ve probably noticed by now, heart and soul of the show, Jenn is not well and cannot join us today.
Voicemail… We got one!.. And So did some random dude!
Gather ‘round children, it’s time for another one of Jenn’s stories from Tails of Mr. Jenn.
Drunk Dial Line: (513) 760–0463
? (Let’s see you read an emoji filled drunk text!)
Our translation: Cheers, love and kisses.
We don’t have any new reviews, which is probably why Jenn is gone. So if you want her to feel better — and to be as awesome as Reb’Ox, who has now left 3 reviews, go to iTunes and leave a review.
I’ve got my husband listening to all the podcasts too, now! And when we are in a bar or our favorite growler stores, we usually talk about the beers that have been rated on the show. It’s funny when people ask us what the podcast is about….Here in GA we get more than a few sideways looks, but actually people take it pretty well. Glad we can spread positive atheism and alcohol!
Seriously, three review updates! I think you’re single handedly keeping us above the fold in iTunes. Thank you!
New Patron, Rev. Jesus H. Christ (maybe my favorite patron name yet) has joined the club of the most gracious and talented people in the world.
Emails & Messages
We got a Facebook message from Sweden. Turns out it isn’t snowy all the time and is, in fact, pretty awesome! Thanks S!
For our local listeners, the Wyoming Atheists will be tabling at the Franklin Graham Rally in Cheyenne on Friday August 12. Starting around noon. Thank to listener Marci for letting us know!
Bigoted Christian Fucks Annoyed the Gay’s Exist
- American Family Association is offended that an ad for Hilton brands features a picture of two men in bed together (just hanging out and listening to music (with their shirts on, by the way)
- Mostly because it appears in a mainstream publication, Travel and Leisure, so it is is normalizing the situation
- Urging people to sign their petition which says, “If Hilton is going to advertise in mainstream media, at the very least, it should promote with images that reflect a family friendly atmosphere.”
SDSU Choir Class Required To Attend Baptist Service
- A choir class that is required for certain degrees was required to sing in a church, but not allowed to leave before the service began
- When two students refused to stay they received failing grades “at least in part” because of the decision to leave
- FFRF Legal Fellow Madeline Ziegler wrote in a letter to SDSU President Elliot Hirshman saying in part: “As a state-run institution, San Diego State University is bound by the Constitution’s Establishment Clause, which ‘mandates government neutrality between religion and religion and between religion and nonreligion.’” “The university’s choir violates that constitutional mandate when it requires students to participate in choirs that perform at church services in order to pass a class.”
- Moreover, [Professor Patrick] Walders is a professor at a public, secular university and should not blatantly disrespect the freedom of conscience of his students. It is unacceptable behavior for a professor to be failing students in a course because they did not attend an unconstitutional performance.
- FFRF is asking for assurances from the school that future performances like this won’t be scheduled again, as well as an investigation into what Walders did and disciplinary actions if necessary.
New After School Club Could Be Coming To An Elementary School Near You
- Good News Clubs, which are sponsored by Child Evangelism Fellowship, have over 3560 after school since a USSC ruling in 2001 allowed them to meet in schools
- Our friends at the Satanic Temple are now using that ruling to start their own after school program called After School Satan Clubs
- Satanic Temple doesn’t believe in any supernatural beings and is committed to the view that scientific rationality provides the best measure of reality.
- The curriculum for the proposed after-school clubs emphasizes the development of reasoning and social skills. The group says meetings will include a healthful snack, literature lesson, creative learning activities, a science lesson, puzzle solving and an art project. Every child will receive a membership card and must have a signed parental permission slip to attend.
- Greaves said, “While the Good News Clubs focus on indoctrination, instilling children with a fear of hell and God’s wrath, After School Satan Clubs will focus on free inquiry and rationalism. We prefer to give children an appreciation of the natural wonders surrounding them, not a fear of an everlasting other-worldly horror.”
- Greaves is blunt: ”We are only doing this because Good News Clubs have created a need for this. If Good News Clubs would operate in churches rather than public schools, that need would disappear. But our point is that if you let one religion into the public schools you have to let others, otherwise it’s an establishment of religion.”
ATheism 101 – The Skeptics Guide To Drinking Too Much.
A101 Bonus Beer
Fat Tire Amber Ale | New Belgium Brewing
- BA Link: bit.ly/2axLnRo
- BA Rating: 82
- Style: American Amber / Red Ale
- ABV: 5.2%
- Aaron: 9
- Steve: 9
- Shea: 9
- Matt: 8
- Tim: 8
Next Week’s Beer
Consilium | Renegade Brewing Company
- BA Link: www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25958/140090/
- BA Rating: 83
- Style: American Pale Ale (APA)
- ABV: 5%
Faith In Humanity Restored
Uber Against Hunger – bit.ly/2axLDQj
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: Patreon.com/W4W
- iTunes: bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Bonus Cat Video
Everything Wrong With Batman Vs. Superman: bit.ly/2ayN2bL