In This Week’s Show, episode 93, Texas’s cross fit gives a bunch of great reasons to train with HIV fetuses in burq-inis instead of lifting heavy speakers. remember, it’s low weight – high rep!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Demeter (goddess of grain) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying her patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that all fruit is passion fruit if you fuck it… —Does this make you a melon-mounting mango-fucker?—
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know that the Anglo-Saxons called August Weod Monath, or Weed Month? This is not as much fun as it sounds, it was basically bc plants grow most rapidly this month.
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Highland Gaelic Ale | Highland Brewing
- BA Link: bit.ly/2aP72XI
- BA Rating: 86
- Brewery: Highland Brewing North Carolina, United States
- Style: American Amber / Red Ale
- ABV: 5.80%
- Aaron: 9
- Jenn: 8
- Shea: 8
- Steve: 8
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Yea. Jenn is back!
New, oh so very, very generous, Patreon donation from Brent. Who is fucking amazing!
Beer and Blasphemy- what could be better
by: Chadders | 5 Stars (United Kingdom)
Excellent podcast, found out about you guys from the Cognitive Dissonance podcast and instantly found the idea of a similar podcast with a higher alcohol content appealing. Keep up the good work!
TN County Owes Atheists $41,000 – bit.ly/2brDRIL
- Bradley County, TN (Cleveland, TN) promoted their form of godliness (christianity) on their web page in March in a facebook post regarding Easter
- American Atheists warned the dipshit sheriff, Eric Watson, against illegal proselytizing (and told him they knew he’d done it before)
- Anal sniffer, Watson, not only refused to take it down, but doubled down saying that the facebook page wasn’t funded by the county
- After two warning letters, the American Atheists sued (on behalf of an anonymous county resident)
- Well, as expected, the county lost by a mile and will have to pay $15K in damages to AA and plainiffs, $26K in legal fees, shut down the offending facebook page, the county and sheriff admitted no wrongdoing
Texas awards $1.6M health grant to woman fearful she can get HIV from fetuses flushed into sewers – bit.ly/2brED8J
- The Heidi Group, an anti-abortion organization, was awarded a grant (fucking 1.65M) by state of Texas to provide “healthcare”
- They don’t provide healthcare
- The money comes from previous Planned parenthood funding
- Founder and CEO, Carol Everett, told Texas legislature in a hearing regarding a proposed measure to require burial or cremation of aborted remains, that if the fetuses were flushed then they could spread HIV or STDs
- Bitch said a lot of the money will go to crisis pregnancy centers who have been caught counseling women to use abstinence only as a birth control method and refusing to dispense contraception
Police: Son, ‘moved by the message,’ sought to kill father in church – bit.ly/2bC3tQX
- 21yo, Ethan Buckly, was “moved by the message” while in a church service at Hillvue Heights Church in Bowling Green
- That “movement” convinced him to stab his father, David, in the neck with this pocket knife several times
- He was trying to sever his father’s jugular vein so his death would be painless
- The church service was canceled leaving the congregation lost without all of the god-talking they need to cope with the world
- dipshit is currently being held on $500K bond and as of show time there was no word on the status of the stabbed.
This Week’s Stories
I’m finally starting to see the light, after reading this evangelical pastors 18 reasons to vote for Trump – bit.ly/2brEEJB
Woman Dies after Prophet Puts Heavy Speaker on Her Body to Demonstrate a Miracle – bit.ly/2aWePDv
- A young lady has met her death after a failed miracle attempt by her South African pastor
- after putting a heavy speaker on her. The girl died due to internal injuries she sustained.
- Congregates of the Mount Zion General Assembly went home with heads down on Sunday after a failed demonstration of power by the church pastor
- The woman later died from internal injuries caused to her lungs. Pastor Lethebo Rabalango had organised a night of worship at his church in Polokwane where he was teaching about the demonstration of power in which he emphasised that if Jesus walked on water, he too could do anything with faith.
- he invited a girl from the praise team and asked her to lie down. He then ordered the ushers to carry a big speaker and put on her stomach saying the weight would not harm her. He then climbed on top of the speaker, adding pressure to suffocate the girl who remained quiet for she had already passed out.
- It took some elders giving her first aid treatment that she came back but complained of a broken rib. She was then taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
- The pastor, however, blamed the girl and accused her of having little faith for she could not withstand a very simple task.
This list isn’t as long as Shea’s, but let’s find out why it’s ok to molest children for Jesus…
Disturbing Lesson from Christian Workbook Discusses Why God Allowed a Little Boy to “Be Molested” – bit.ly/2aWfV1P
- The folks at Homeschoolers Anonymous recently got their hands on some old workbook pages used at the Institute of Basic Life Principles. That would be the Christian ministry founded by Bill Gothard, a man who resigned as President a couple of years ago after 34 women accused him of sexual harassment.
- In these workbook pages, which are approximately 20 years old but still aligned with the ministry’s current teachings, students are presented with a question: “Why did God let a four year old boy be molested by a fifteen year old neighbor?”
- More at: Gothard Explains Why God Allows Child Molestation: Part I on Homeschoolers Anonymous bit.ly/2aWfmFs
Just… wow. I mean… fucking hell… but, wow.
Full body swimsuits favored by Muslin women are being banned acrossed the country of France. Latest banning comes in the Corsican village of Sisco. – theatln.tc/2brE0vD
Five people were injured and three cars set ablaze in the village of Sisco Saturday after a dispute between beach-goers ended with both sides reportedly throwing stones and bottles at one another. The French Interior Ministry reports 100 police officers were needed to restore order. An inquiry has been opened to determine what prompted the brawl; a witness said the fight began after tourists took photographs of women wearing Burqinis.
Although the French census does not count a person’s religion, between eight and 10 percent of Corsica’s total population is estimated to be made up of immigrants; that’s one of the largest proportions of immigrants in France, second only to Paris. Sisco’s Burqini ban, which goes into effect Tuesday, follows those imposed in the French resorts of Cannes, where the ban was upheld by a court Saturday, and Villaneuve-Loubet, which banned the costume, prompting a nationwide debate over the role of conservative Muslim dress in secular France.
Women are left without a voice in this: Is there a difference in forcing a woman to dress a certain way through religious scripture or forcing them to not comply with the religion of their choice?
Next Week’s Beer
Dunkel – Yee-haw Brewing Co., Tennessee, United States
Faith In Humanity Restored
Cooking for the Olympic homeless. – huff.to/2brF7f3
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
- Twitter: @4Wrath
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Waiting4Wrath
- Web: Waiting4Wrath.com
- Patreon: Patreon.com/W4W
- iTunes: bit.ly/wrathTunes
- Google Play: bit.ly/1VEhtx2
- Stitcher: bit.ly/wrathStitch
- Voicemail: (513) 760–0463
Bonus Cat Video