This week’s show, episode 98, Ken Hamm sues the Ghanan demons that made him vape that retired cops cum at an Apple store.
It’s also nearly 30 minutes longer, with two extra stories if you get the patron cut at Patreon.com/W4W
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Zoroaster (Persian founder of Zoroastrianism) hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that the Swordfish has very few predators to worry about in the wild, except for the seldom seen Penfish which is said to be mightier.
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know that Jainism (also know as Jain Dharma) is an ancient Indian religion still followed today by 4–6 million people? Its central tenet is non-violence and love towards all living things.
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Pliny the Elder | Russian River Brewing Co (California)
Donated By: Chad!
- BA Link: bit.ly/2cdJawu
- BA Rating: 100
- Style: Imperial/Double IPA
- ABV: 8%
- Aaron: 10
- Jenn: 9
- Shea: 10
- Steve: 7
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
Jim is so awesome and we miss him so much, we should all buy him drinks and send him naughty pictures that will make him smile.
Several attacks of note in the US in the last couple of days that merit a mention. It’s been a bad weekend in that respect.
Eight people knifed in St. Cloud, MN mall (none dead except self-proclaimed ISIS attacker) Pipe bomb went off in New Jersey on 5K run route. Nobody hurt. Race canceled. The explosion in New York City’s Chelsea neighborhood injured 29 people and another unexploded device found nearby.
Also, it’s Eid in Dhaka. Eid is the feast that marks the end of Ramadan. It’s also a fucking horror show of animal sacrifices. This year is especially poignant as high rains have caused some flooding. That flooding mixed with a bunch of backward ass fucking monstrous animal abusers caused the city to literally flood with rivers of blood. This is just… wow… bit.ly/2ddmJ7p
Let’s talk about something that isn’t totally fucked up.
Tim from Atheism 101 sent a correction to last week’s episode. What with being a professional in the field and all, apparently it’s super bullshit that Kale has more protein than beef. So… Apparently, that’s what you get for believing a vegan. Also, if you want to learn more actual things you should check out their show at Atheism101podcast.com.
Speaking of, because we’re self-absorbed jerks, we’ve been pumping our 100th episode voicemail request without paying any attention to anyone else — so, Matt & Tim, congratulations on your 3 years of podcasting! That’s freaking amazeballs. And as a testament to how awesome the guys at Atheism 101 are, Tim has become a patron member! Which is… I mean, we just figured you were sharing the files — and we’re totally cool with that btw — but yeah thanks!
Now, back to our bullshit.
Speaking of patreon, they’ve set up an RSS feed now. So, patrons get special access to a secure RSS feed that will allow you to add our patron show feed right to your pod-catcher of choice. Which is great, because I can’t imagine a more poorly made app than Patreon.
We got a few voicemails for the 100th episode this week! Thanks to everyone who’s sent us something for the 10th — it’s been pretty amazing seeing stuff roll in. If you want to leave us a message for our centennial show too, do so at 513–760–0463 or through SpeakPipe on the site the deadline is October 1.
We also got an iTunes review this week, which is amazing.
Lots of fun!
by: AteistoYYC (Canada)
Been listening for about a year. These folks have a great natural dynamic together. The drinking along with the show is the best idea ever!
As a reminder, if you leave an iTunes review tweet, email or whatever us and we’ll send you a patron cut of the show.
Police officer fired for NOT killing a suspect – wapo.st/2ddnNbJ
- West Virginia officer, Stephen Mader, had a confrontation with pistol wielding suspect during a domestic dispute
- Mader said, “I saw then he had a gun, but it was not pointed at me,” Mr. Mader recalled, noting the silver handgun was in the man’s right hand, hanging at his side and pointed at the ground.
- “I told him, ‘Put down the gun,’ and he’s like, ‘Just shoot me.’ And I told him, ‘I’m not going to shoot you brother.’ Then he starts flicking his wrist to get me to react to it,”
- Mader, feeling that this was a ‘suicide by cop’ attempt decided it better to attempt to de-escalate the situation
- Unfortunately, soon thereafter, two other cops arrived an killed the suspect who’s gun was unloaded.
- Soon thereafter, Mader was informed that his contract had been terminated, because by not shooting Williams he had “failed to eliminate a threat”.
- Oh yeah, and all the cops were white, but the dead man was black.
Ken Hamm, el-douche, lowered attendance estimates for the Ark Encounter – bit.ly/2cPlSyF
- Originally stated that they expected up to 2 million visitors a year
- A Cincinnati TV station said that around 300,000 people have actually visited with attendance around 4–7000 per day
- If the current pace continues then they could get around 1.4 Million by the end of the year, provided that attendance doesn’t drop in the winter months
- More good news too. The “up to $18 mil.” tourism incentive tax break is based on attendance. Fewer visitors, less money
This Week’s Stories
Unfortunately, Shea’s story had to be trimmed due to time constraints… heh, listen to us using phrases like “time constraints” like we’re a real show… anyway, if you want to know what Shea was miming about, you’ll have to check out our Patreon page. C’est la vie, eh? ~ A
How to use anointing with oil to cast out demons in Ghana – bit.ly/2ddnHkg
Some Anointing Oil Info
PHILADELPHIA: Jesus Found Guilty Of Trespassing After Refusing To Take Giant Cross Out Of Apple Store – bit.ly/2cPnjgp
- Philly Jesus is preaching a message of forgiveness after being found guilty of trespassing stemming from his arrest at a Center City Apple Store earlier this year.
- “The son of man will triumph over these bogus charges,” said Michael Grant, aka Philly Jesus, ahead of Wednesday morning’s trial.
- Grant, 30, spent 12 hours behind bars after his May 2 arrest inside the store at 1607 Walnut St. He claims he was lawfully in the store charging his phone since he is an Apple customer. Investigators allege that Grant refused to leave despite being asked three times because a cross he had with him was blocking an aisle. Grant claims the employee that asked him to leave was offended by his appearance and garb.
- “I’m an Apple customer with an iPhone, on a family plan — Father, Son & Holy Spirit,” said Grant. “Bless up! May the lord have mercy.”
- “I was found guilty of trespassing but I forgive them for trespassing against me,” said Grant. “For they know not what they do.”
Jenn has a quiz. How much to YOU know about the world’s major religions?
Next Week’s Beer
The President Beers from Sick and Twisted Brewery in SD
- Provided by: RW
- Never tell a lie porter – Washington – Jenn
- Declaration of IPA – Jefferson – Shea
- Big Stick Lemon Grass Mint Blend Ale – Roosevelt – Aaron
- Honest Abe Red Ale – Lincoln – Steve
Faith In Humanity Restored
Bonus Cat Video
- Save The Day – bit.ly/2ddnVaT
- How to Eradicate Malaria – bit.ly/2cPnLLz
- Inside the Smithsonian – bit.ly/2ddouBC
- H. R. Giger’s Beautiful Monster – bit.ly/2ddoO3m
Socials & Info