Welcome to another blasphemous episode of Waiting for Wrath;
where we rip apart the headlines;
where making a point is beside the point;
where we ridicule the the stupid in our world, so it doesn’t drive us insane.
We’re not experts and we make no apologies for our opinions — so — let’s have a discussion, revel in the digression and, some god forbid, have a laugh or two.
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis —
because, while Segomo hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson: This week I learned that we really need a sarcasm font…
Jenn’s Actual Lesson: Did you know that reincarnation was a widely respected belief among early Christians, most especially the Gnostics. It is believed that the Roman Catholic church introduced the idea of a deeds based afterlife in order to maintain more control over its followers lives.
Aaron’s Understanding of the Show:
In this weeks episode Pat Robertson and Ken Ham get married by Miley Cyrus in Australia.
And I’m Steve — Let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Ghost Face Killah – Twisted Pine Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
Beer DB: http://bit.ly/1FQ37fu
BA Rating: 70
Style: Chile Beer
ABV: 5.00% ABV
Mike Huckabee doubles down on his joke about posing as transgender to ogle nude teenage girls http://bit.ly/1JGfn9B
Correction: Aaron meant Demolition Man when he said Judge Dredd
Correction: Gabrielle was not on ER. I was thinking of Kelly Martin from Life Goes On.
This Week’s Show
- Creationist group: Kansas schools are indoctrinating students into atheism by teaching them ‘science’ http://bit.ly/1JLfn6t
- Ex-pastor on probation for sex assault caught molesting another child while wearing ankle monitor http://bit.ly/1BZunrb
- Franklin Graham moves bank accounts from gay-friendly bank to one that sponsors gay pride events http://bit.ly/1BZulQ5
- Justice Antonin Scalia Suggests Humanity Is Only 5,000 Years Old http://bit.ly/1BZum6o
- Teen pregnancies — and abortions — plummeted after Hawaii ditched abstinence-based sex ed http://bit.ly/1G7PzwS
- Bonus Item: GOP Sen. John Thune shows America that he is a moron using this one weird and dumb tweet http://bit.ly/1BqED0F
Pat Robertson: Comfort grieving mom by saying God stopped her dead baby from becoming next Hitler http://bit.ly/1BZtFdr (video)
Australian couple has pledged that if gays are allowed to marry in Australia they will divorce because their marriage ‘ becomes null and void in the eyes of God’.
Creationist Ken Ham freaks out at Miley Cyrus topless photos: ‘The origin of clothing is in Genesis’ http://bit.ly/1JLepHm
Next Week’s Beer
Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend (Quadrupel) – Brewery Ommegang-New York, United States
Beer DB: http://bit.ly/1MMnoaA
BA Rating: 93
Style: Quadrupel (Quad)
ABV: 9.70% ABV
Faith In Humanity Restored
Join The Discussion:
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!
Voicemail: (513) 760-0463